Home Forums weBBoat Lite How to access a free WiFi with acceptance via webpage

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi

When connecting to most free WiFi networks you almost always has to accept their userrules, often by checking a checkbox on a webpage. When connecting directly (not via the Webboat network) this is normally the first page showing up when opening the browser after connecting.
      How do I go about this when I like the have Webboat Lite accessing this free WiFi.
      (When using a password protected network you don´t have the problem since you are asked to provide PW and UID)

Please advise 🙂

Best Regards

//Alf JivegĂĄrd

• glomexadmin
      Keymaster

Dear JivegĂĄrd

What you have described is captiveportal service. Just connect the weBBoat to the Wifi of the captiveportal, and then with the device you intend to use to surf the internet, connect to the wifi of the weBBoat. The device will be directed to the captiveportal manager, who will open the login page above the device.

• alf.jivegard@telia.com
      Participant

Great!

Thanks for the answer, now I nknow more on the topic. 🙂 Is there a way (without logging in as admin) to see which Wifi Webboat is connected to or at elast to see that it is not currently using mobile? I could not find anything when exploring the app and the manual.

Thanks again!

//Alf

• glomexadmin
      Keymaster

To have this information you need to be loged in the weBBoat control panel page.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.